WSP forums banner

Home » NFL and other.... » Help Desk » Helpful Programs
Helpful Programs [message #4050] Fri, 16 July 2004 02:58
Anonymous Coward
Just a post of some helpful programs to keep your PC running smoothly.

Ad-Aware (Basic/Freeware)
Baisic and easy to use adware cleaner.
Just remember to select custom scan and have the scan within archives ,scan my IE favorites for banned url's and scan my host file selected

Spybot-S&D(Basic/Freeware)
Like Ad-Aware this is a easy to use adware/spyware cleaner but it has a few more tools.
You can add the Spybot-S&D host file to block bad internet servers.
You can also chose to install a resident program that block's blacklisted processes.

PestPatrol(Basic/Trial)
PestPatrol is a very good program for the detection and removal of Spyware, Adware,RATS,Probe Tools and Dos attack agents.
It also features cookie patrol and memcheck.Highly recommend for people still using IE.

HijackThis(advanced/Freeware)
An excelent tool for the removal of startup items,BHOS and hard to remove Adware.

Kerio Personal Firewall(advanced/Trial)
A firewall is an absolute must have if your using the internet and KPF is one of the best software firewalls available.It
It also features web filtering
I'm labeling this as an advanced users tool as you have to know what you doing to get maximum use out of it but basic users can get by just installing it and leaving the settings alone.

Crap Cleaner(Basic/Freeware)
Useful tool for cleaning all the crap that takes up space on you HDD.
Also has an Advanced Registry scanner and cleaner to remove unused and old entries.

VoptXP(Basic/Trial)
A file defragmenter that is much more efficient that the one that comes bundled with windows.
Also features some handy tools

TuneXP(Basic/Freeware)
As the name suggest an XP tweaker and its very easy to use.

There's more programs to come but I have to go to work now so add a link and decription of a helpful program if you have one
Previous Topic: Linux Server
Next Topic: Transparent Logo Operator
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Sep 15 18:28:20 GMT 2019

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00589 seconds