WSP forums banner

Home » NFL and other.... » Help Desk » cheap help needed
cheap help needed [message #3203] Sun, 27 June 2004 03:09 Go to next message
dimple_boy is currently offline  dimple_boy
Hall of Fame

anyone know a cheap techie that can service/fix a dvd compact mini hi-fi system. the main problem is the laser doesnt pick up the cd/dvd, hence i cant watch my dvd movies and listen to my cds Sad

the cheaper the better.... as long as he/she can get the job done
any info appreciated

I would like to talk to yoooouuu.... about some of the things that yoooouuu do in your show!
cheap help needed [message #3205] Sun, 27 June 2004 05:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Anonymous Coward
me too i need a subwoofer fixed!
cheap help needed [message #3212] Sun, 27 June 2004 10:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Anonymous Coward
The cheapest way to repair a dead laser assembly is to send it back for warranty repair or change it yourself.
I work part-time with a dude who does repiars on tvs,vcrs ,audio equipment etc and usely when someone brings in a DVD\cd player that dosn't read any disks its cause either the laser assembly, Spindle motor or worst the drive assembly is worn out and in most cases he has said its better to buy and new one as the repair cost would be high.So if you have a cheapo system(sub $1000) it would probably be cheaper to fix it yourself or buy a new one.

Thought i'm just a computer techie so I might be wrong.
If you want i can ask him how much he charges when i go back to work.
cheap help needed [message #3214] Sun, 27 June 2004 10:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hall of Fame

yeah that would be great..... my system is sub $1000 but it would be a waste if all it does is play the radio.

I would like to talk to yoooouuu.... about some of the things that yoooouuu do in your show!
cheap help needed [message #3427] Fri, 02 July 2004 10:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Anonymous Coward
Sorry dimple_boy but when I asked how much he would charge to fix a cd/dvd player that doesn't read any disks he said he wanted nothing to do with it and being the guy that pays me I wasn't going to question his answer.

So if your still trying to get it fix and can't find anybody to do it cheap you could go down to your local pawn shop and pick up a seprate cd/dvd player for cheap and hook it up to your auxiliary connection .Its the best and cheapest way that i can think of how to fix it.
cheap help needed [message #3431] Fri, 02 July 2004 10:43 Go to previous message
Hall of Fame

thanks for the advise.... ill look into it

Previous Topic: BACKDOOR.TROJAN Virus
Next Topic: FIREWALL
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Oct 19 12:11:01 GMT 2019

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00879 seconds