WSP forums banner

Home » NFL and other.... » Help Desk » Cliches was:Broadband(Mr.Ward I'm looking in your direction)
Cliches was:Broadband(Mr.Ward I'm looking in your direction) [message #2099] Fri, 21 May 2004 14:53 Go to next message
Anonymous Coward
Well I've Finally canceled my dial-up internet connection and getting ADSL.

I have pretty much decided on using *DODO as their 256Kbps/64k with unlimited downloads at $29.90 first three months and then $49.90 with no Setup fee on the 18 month contract period looks to damn good to me.

Its BYO modem so I'm planning on getting the *BIPAC-5100 + a *Line Filter

Basicly I've been getting a mixed response from people about dodo,some say its the best ISP while others think its crap and then recommend their ISP which I have never heard of and is probably dodgy.

Dodo seems fine to me but I don't want to risk it and be stuck with a 18 month contract to an ISP whose always down and has crap tech support.

All I need is the thumbs up or an opinion from Da Man Dave and I'll be set

*Clicky for linky

[Updated on: Mon, 14 June 2004 23:11] by Moderator

Report message to a moderator

Cliches was:Broadband(Mr.Ward I'm looking in your direction) [message #2100] Fri, 21 May 2004 20:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
DaveQB is currently offline  DaveQB
Hall of Fame

Oic, now i am the man when ya want something, i see how you work Wink

good choice in modem there; cant complain bout that.

I have never usedDodo nor have i heard anything substatial bout them.

But speaking of them man, John Linton (the mand in Broadband) left Swiftel (and they went to thw shit) when his contract ended with them say "i am not going to work any longer for these bastards" andstarted his own .... exetel.com.au

Been with them for bout 3-4 months now and nothing short of the excllant service Swiftel once had.
For low end plans, they have a 256/1gig for $25/mth ... 6mths contract.
$4 per gig for each gig over the 1gig that comes with the plan.
They have great games servers and giming community ran by 'the man "Ths Wizard" '.

Anyway, all i can say is cheack here.
http://www.exetel.com.au/a_plan_pricing_new.htm

PS dimple_boy is with them now too so maybe ask him

New Vegan Australia site
My JeFit Profile

“Somewhere he is out there training while I am not. And when we meet, he will win.” - Tim Tebow
Videos from BYU clinic
Cliches was:Broadband(Mr.Ward I'm looking in your direction) [message #2102] Fri, 21 May 2004 23:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rick51 is currently offline  rick51
Pro Bowler
Theme King
For pricing comparisons, etc.

visit

http://bc.whirlpool.net.au/

T.E.A.M
Teamwork makes the dream work.
Cliches was:Broadband(Mr.Ward I'm looking in your direction) [message #2103] Sat, 22 May 2004 07:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Anonymous Coward
Yeah Whirlpool was the first place I went to.Thats how I found out about Dodo.

Checked out the plans on Exetel and they don't have what I'm after.

I'm currently looking at Zebra
Cliches was:Broadband(Mr.Ward I'm looking in your direction) [message #2105] Sat, 22 May 2004 09:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Anonymous Coward
well dave im with swiftel and so are many of my friends i cant see why your knocking them there service is great none of us have had any problems at all! Sad
Cliches was:Broadband(Mr.Ward I'm looking in your direction) [message #2106] Sat, 22 May 2004 13:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dimple_boy is currently offline  dimple_boy
Hall of Fame

instead of sending ya a PM, bryan, ill just post here. im not with dodo, but im actually with exetel as well.... have never had a prob with their service, and have never had those stupid "line-outs" that i had with swiftel in my last month with them (which was march).

exetel has some great prices, so def. check out the link that dave gave above. swiftel might have a better service NOW, i dont know.... but exetels prices are fantastic and the contracts are not very long (so it gives the option of changing soon if youre not happy with the service). also, i paid $55 a month with swiftel and only got 4 gig peak, 4 gig off-peak.... i get 8 gig now (with FREE downloads between 1am and 8 am) for $45. def. cant complain Very Happy

btw, good option to change from dial-up to adsl..... cause dial-up licks balls compared to adsl (yeah, im talkin about you nath Very Happy get adsl so i can beat you in madden!)

I would like to talk to yoooouuu.... about some of the things that yoooouuu do in your show!
Cliches was:Broadband(Mr.Ward I'm looking in your direction) [message #2107] Sat, 22 May 2004 14:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Anonymous Coward
all in all it dosent matter who you go with because once your on adsl you wont care
trust me its heaven Very Happy
Cliches was:Broadband(Mr.Ward I'm looking in your direction) [message #2109] Sat, 22 May 2004 15:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hall of Fame

Swiftel was great, but once John Linton left servic fell to the shit! Sad

What company in its right mind uses an answering machine for your first line of contact with the sompany ??
A answering machine service that they never actually got back to anyone
(yes one guy was waiting 8 weeks for a reply to his several emails and answering machine messages, i am still waiting for a reply , been bout 2-3 mths for me too Shocked )

Additinally whos puts on a 16 yr old Games server admin and bans/deletes ppl for mentioning Exetel ?
Very immature.

Theres loads more goss on that but i wont bore you with it, just to say that Swiftel themself actually finally admitted that they had big trouble.
Exetel all the way baby!! Very Happy

New Vegan Australia site
My JeFit Profile

“Somewhere he is out there training while I am not. And when we meet, he will win.” - Tim Tebow
Videos from BYU clinic
Cliches was:Broadband(Mr.Ward I'm looking in your direction) [message #2110] Sat, 22 May 2004 17:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Anonymous Coward
havent had any probs yet dave nor any of my mates its just a provider not personnel thing least im not with telstra or big pond fucking nazis
Cliches was:Broadband(Mr.Ward I'm looking in your direction) [message #2113] Sat, 22 May 2004 23:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hall of Fame

graeme97

all in all it dosent matter who you go with because once your on adsl you wont care
trust me its heaven Very Happy

youll care when youre a struggling uni student who has a whole heap of shit to pay for and finding a cheap adsl service is a goldmine Razz

I would like to talk to yoooouuu.... about some of the things that yoooouuu do in your show!
Cliches was:Broadband(Mr.Ward I'm looking in your direction) [message #2140] Mon, 24 May 2004 08:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Anonymous Coward
Thanks for the "help" guys

I've decided to stick with dodo cause they offer unlimited downloads with no shaping.

Plus It's the internet that Flies
Cliches was:Broadband(Mr.Ward I'm looking in your direction) [message #2148] Mon, 24 May 2004 21:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rick51 is currently offline  rick51
Pro Bowler
Theme King
Pity their mascot don't!

T.E.A.M
Teamwork makes the dream work.
Cliches was:Broadband(Mr.Ward I'm looking in your direction) [message #2150] Mon, 24 May 2004 21:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hall of Fame

oh well..... prolly got suckered in by that model from the telly
ali mutch i think her name is :smt017

Cliches was:Broadband(Mr.Ward I'm looking in your direction) [message #2156] Tue, 25 May 2004 07:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Anonymous Coward
Well I've had one of my trademark change of minds.
After talking to an old friend of mine who coincidentally is called David, I decided to go with exetel as I've heard nothing but good things about them and 12 gbytes is enough to play Splinter Cell on XBL.

Plus you get 60 Megabytes Of Personal Web Space.

dimple_boy

oh well..... prolly got suckered in by that model from the telly
ali mutch i think her name is :smt017

Yep its Ali Mutch from inside sport magazine

http://www.insidesport.com.au/cp2/c10/webi/image/001600aj.jpg
http://www.insidesport.com.au/cp2/c10/webi/image/001601ab.jpg
http://www.insidesport.com.au/cp2/c10/webi/image/001602az.jpg
http://www.insidesport.com.au/cp2/c10/webi/image/001605an.jpg
http://www.insidesport.com.au/cp2/c10/webi/image/001606an.jpg
http://www.insidesport.com.au/cp2/c10/webi/image/001607am.jpg

I'd hit it
Cliches was:Broadband(Mr.Ward I'm looking in your direction) [message #2157] Tue, 25 May 2004 11:36 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Hall of Fame

DAMN!!

New Vegan Australia site
My JeFit Profile

Videos from BYU clinic
Previous Topic: ATTN DAVID - Linux Help
Next Topic: BACKDOOR.TROJAN Virus
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Jun 25 10:04:37 GMT 2019

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00743 seconds