WSP forums banner

Home » NFL and other.... » Help Desk » Cliches was:Broadband(Mr.Ward I'm looking in your direction)
Cliches was:Broadband(Mr.Ward I'm looking in your direction) [message #2160] Tue, 25 May 2004 13:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Anonymous Coward
'drools' Shocked
Cliches was:Broadband(Mr.Ward I'm looking in your direction) [message #2161] Tue, 25 May 2004 13:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Anonymous Coward
'drools' Shocked
Cliches was:Broadband(Mr.Ward I'm looking in your direction) [message #2638] Mon, 07 June 2004 10:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wes Folitarik is currently offline  Wes Folitarik
Pro Bowler
Don't even think about it unless you wanna go 1500/256 with a minimum on 30G downloads.

Anything else is wasting time.

Wesley Folitarik
President
West Sydney Pirates Inc
info@wspirates.com
Cliches was:Broadband(Mr.Ward I'm looking in your direction) [message #2683] Tue, 08 June 2004 02:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Phat Bastard
Pro Bowler
Wes Folitarik

Don't even think about it unless you wanna go 1500/256 with a minimum on 30G downloads.

Anything else is wasting time.

Now just wait till Rick posts what he downloads at. Laughing

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v428/buggeroff/userbar229356xw.gif
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v428/buggeroff/PhatBastardBanner2a.jpg
Cliches was:Broadband(Mr.Ward I'm looking in your direction) [message #2690] Tue, 08 June 2004 03:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rick51 is currently offline  rick51
Pro Bowler
Theme King
hehe, it's only a 2Mb connection.

Usually getting 250-280KB/s.

T.E.A.M
Teamwork makes the dream work.
Cliches was:Broadband(Mr.Ward I'm looking in your direction) [message #2716] Tue, 08 June 2004 09:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Anonymous Coward
A 512 connection will be perfectly fine for my needs.P2p and XBL
Cliches was:Broadband(Mr.Ward I'm looking in your direction) [message #2723] Tue, 08 June 2004 13:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
DaveQB is currently offline  DaveQB
Hall of Fame

oh is that it Rick ??? i thought ya had super speeds

although nice speeds for a 2MB connection, i max at ~153 KB/s on a 1.5MB connection

hmmmm were u at training tonight ???

New Vegan Australia site
My JeFit Profile

“Somewhere he is out there training while I am not. And when we meet, he will win.” - Tim Tebow
Videos from BYU clinic
Cliches was:Broadband(Mr.Ward I'm looking in your direction) [message #2735] Tue, 08 June 2004 22:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rick51 is currently offline  rick51
Pro Bowler
Theme King
No unfortunately, had someone coming over to sign some papers and stuff.

Of course they were coming at 7.30 so I had to miss the whole of training. :roll:

T.E.A.M
Teamwork makes the dream work.
Cliches was:Broadband(Mr.Ward I'm looking in your direction) [message #2749] Wed, 09 June 2004 02:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Pro Bowler
king BRYAN

A 512 connection will be perfectly fine for my needs.P2p and XBL

Famous last words...

Wesley Folitarik
President
West Sydney Pirates Inc
info@wspirates.com
Cliches was:Broadband(Mr.Ward I'm looking in your direction) [message #2755] Wed, 09 June 2004 05:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Anonymous Coward
always want more after bandwidth even after you get broadband its never fast enough is it boys?
Cliches was:Broadband(Mr.Ward I'm looking in your direction) [message #2757] Wed, 09 June 2004 08:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Pro Bowler
graeme97

always want more after bandwidth even after you get broadband its never fast enough is it boys?

No speed fast enough, no download limit generous enough (well unlimited would be enough I spose, but unlimited is not a limit is it?).

Wesley Folitarik
President
West Sydney Pirates Inc
info@wspirates.com
Cliches was:Broadband(Mr.Ward I'm looking in your direction) [message #2762] Wed, 09 June 2004 09:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Anonymous Coward
just limited by your download speed so id yes that is a limit
Cliches was:Broadband(Mr.Ward I'm looking in your direction) [message #2763] Wed, 09 June 2004 09:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dimple_boy is currently offline  dimple_boy
Hall of Fame

graeme97

are you starting another debate on another thread graeme Laughing

I would like to talk to yoooouuu.... about some of the things that yoooouuu do in your show!
Cliches was:Broadband(Mr.Ward I'm looking in your direction) [message #2766] Wed, 09 June 2004 09:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Anonymous Coward
me no i'd never do that
Cliches was:Broadband(Mr.Ward I'm looking in your direction) [message #2799] Thu, 10 June 2004 05:20 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Pro Bowler
graeme97

The other variable is how diligent an operator is to ensure that their connection is constantly downloading data to ensure maximum overall data caputure in a given time period. Also bit torrents for example do not always allow you to reach you full DL speed although they are always efficient at ensure that you are uploading at your optimal rate (funny that). At the end of the day 1500 is still too slow.

Wesley Folitarik
President
West Sydney Pirates Inc
info@wspirates.com
Previous Topic: ATTN DAVID - Linux Help
Next Topic: BACKDOOR.TROJAN Virus
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Oct 19 12:10:03 GMT 2019

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01019 seconds