WSP forums banner

Home » NFL and other.... » Other... » Where does your food come from? (WARNING: Explicit video inside.)
Where does your food come from? [message #20287] Wed, 27 July 2011 01:45 Go to next message
DaveQB is currently offline  DaveQB
Hall of Fame

Just putting this out there.

Some may find this offensive.

New Vegan Australia site
My JeFit Profile

“Somewhere he is out there training while I am not. And when we meet, he will win.” - Tim Tebow
Videos from BYU clinic
Re: Where does your food come from? [message #20294 is a reply to message #20287] Wed, 27 July 2011 07:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nath79 is currently offline  nath79
Hall of Fame
A Machine

Sorry Dave - I went about 90 seconds in and couldn't keep going.

I have watched plenty of good documentaries on how poorly livestock is treated and how bad this can be for our health.

While I have been here in the States we only buy organic meat and produce and it is easily available here at places like Whole Foods Market without breaking the bank. I do not trust buying meat or produce from grocery chains here at all.

I feel comfortable enough to buy meat at grocery stores in Australia but wish there was more organic meat available. I think the industry in Australia is more trustworthy than over here in North America but it wouldn't surprise me if some of these terrible things do happen in some places.
Re: Where does your food come from? [message #20301 is a reply to message #20294] Thu, 28 July 2011 00:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hall of Fame

I am glad you are a little educated on the topic Nath.
1 way sure fire way to avoid buying poorly prepared and thus unhealthy meat is to not buy meat at all.

I read recently that studies are showing that eating meat further from your own genome is much more health for you than species that are similar. Pigs and cows have quite similar make up to humans while fish are further from us from the common meat on the dinner table.

New Vegan Australia site
My JeFit Profile

“Somewhere he is out there training while I am not. And when we meet, he will win.” - Tim Tebow
Videos from BYU clinic
Re: Where does your food come from? [message #20372 is a reply to message #20301] Fri, 05 August 2011 01:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hall of Fame

On the same topic but a lot more indepth:

New Vegan Australia site
My JeFit Profile

Videos from BYU clinic
Re: Where does your food come from? [message #20986 is a reply to message #20372] Sat, 10 September 2011 03:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hall of Fame

Kill It, Cook It, Eat It: Fast Food
9:30pm Wednesday, September 14 2011

Quote:

In Kill It, Cook It, Eat It UK presenter Julia Bradbury hosts the series that shows exactly what it takes to turn a living animal into meat for the table.

The fourth series of the brand goes down to the farm to follow how animals are turned into fast food - cattle into burgers, lambs into kebabs, pigs into sausages and chickens into nuggets.

Following and helping will be a group of six volunteers who, by immersing themselves in the visceral experience, will be able to inform and challenge their beliefs in a show that debates the ethics around meat production and eating in the UK today.

In this opening episode, the volunteers arrive at Pipers Farm in Devon for an emotional journey as they discover how cattle are slaughtered and turned into burgers. They climb the hill to get up close to and care for the Red Ruby cattle, then help choose two for slaughter and take them to the local abattoir, where they watch the kill - up close and uncensored.

They then help butcher and mince the meat to make burgers, but will any of them have the stomach to eat them?

New Vegan Australia site
My JeFit Profile

Videos from BYU clinic
Re: Where does your food come from? [message #23529 is a reply to message #20287] Tue, 27 March 2012 07:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
miaburton is currently offline  miaburton
Pee Wee
cute chick! LOL Weird eyes
Re: Where does your food come from? [message #23849 is a reply to message #23529] Thu, 12 April 2012 12:57 Go to previous message
Anonymous Coward
I find it pffensive
Previous Topic: Live Exports...
Next Topic: Play book?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Dec 14 09:00:21 GMT 2019

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01017 seconds