WSP forums banner

Home » NFL and other.... » Help Desk » ATTN DAVID - Linux Help
ATTN DAVID - Linux Help [message #1497] Mon, 26 April 2004 08:15 Go to next message
Anonymous Coward
We've got a bunch of old p1's and p2's that we want to install linux on and get sell for $99

What distro should I install?
ATTN DAVID - Linux Help [message #1499] Mon, 26 April 2004 08:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
DaveQB is currently offline  DaveQB
Hall of Fame

ahh aparently Vector Linux is very customisble, but i would say you'd need to know what ya doing in terms of loading modules and compiling source code etc.

A great little OS is "Damn Small Linux"

Its ~50MB CD thats a Live CD but can also be installed to the HDD by issuing a few commands.

Has a browser (supports SSL) a few games, mail client, IM client. and several other things (Office software too i think)
You could easily install OpenOffice to it (a HDD installed one)

http://www.damsmalllinux.org i think is the URL.

Personally what i do is install one ya like (eg Msndrake for me) and use a lightweight Window manager like XFCE4. I use XFCE4 with that onld 400mhz system at work and it flies along compared to running KDE (KDE like lots of memory and system resources)

well thats my experiences anyway. Smile

Go the :pen Wink

New Vegan Australia site
My JeFit Profile

“Somewhere he is out there training while I am not. And when we meet, he will win.” - Tim Tebow
Videos from BYU clinic
ATTN DAVID - Linux Help [message #1504] Mon, 26 April 2004 10:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Anonymous Coward
Damn Small Linux looks great so I'll give it a go and see how it runs

or eles I'll use mandrake or red Hat

Thanks for the help Dave _b
ATTN DAVID - Linux Help [message #1505] Mon, 26 April 2004 10:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hall of Fame

king BRYAN

Thanks for the help Dave _b

No worries.

Whats the "_b" ??

New Vegan Australia site
My JeFit Profile

“Somewhere he is out there training while I am not. And when we meet, he will win.” - Tim Tebow
Videos from BYU clinic
ATTN DAVID - Linux Help [message #1506] Mon, 26 April 2004 10:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hall of Fame

Or if you want to get REALLY small

http://blueflops.sourceforge.net/

New Vegan Australia site
My JeFit Profile

Videos from BYU clinic
ATTN DAVID - Linux Help [message #1508] Mon, 26 April 2004 11:49 Go to previous message
Anonymous Coward
Only two floppies now that's small!!!! But I think I'll need a distro that has more than just a web browser and IRC client

_b = Thumbs up or Cheers
Next Topic: Cliches was:Broadband(Mr.Ward I'm looking in your direction)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Sep 15 18:44:07 GMT 2019

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01333 seconds